Research Associate, Linguistics
Lattimore Hall 512
(585) 275-5136 Voice
(585) 273-1088 Fax
Office Hours: By appointment
Formal semantics and pragmatics; how the form and meaning of questions relates to their use; intonational meaning; semantics of declarative and interrogative sentence types
Courses Offered (subject to change)
- Lin 266 Formal Pragmatics
- LIN 225 Introduction to Semantic Analysis
- LIN 110 Introduction to Grammatical Systems
- LIN 106 Linguistics and the Law
- LIN 102 Language and Social Identity in the U.S.
- Gunlogson, Christine. 2003. True to Form: Rising and Falling Declaratives as Questions in English. New York: Routledge. [pdf]
- Gunlogson, Christine. 2002. Declarative Questions. In Proceedings of Semantics and Linguistic Theory XII, B. Jackson, ed. Ithaca, NY: CLC Publications.
- Gunlogson, Christine. 2001. Third Person Object Prefixes in Babine-Witsuwit'en. International Journal of American Linguistics 67:4, 365-395.